Hello and welcome to Barefoot Holistic Therapies. My name is Heather and I am a Registered Midwife and Holistic Therapist. All of our services are held in a tranquil garden log cabin in Walmley, Sutton Coldfield.
My main focus is working with women's health conditions. I have a wealth of knowledge and experience working in this specialist area and am extremely passionate about supporting and empowering women. I have undertaken specialist training to to support conception, pregnancy and hormone related conditions such as PMS, endometriosis and menopause.
Reflexology is used to restore and balance the body through gentle touch. I am constantly fascinated by its powerful effects on people and what can be interpreted through the feet. Especially with specialist fertility and maternity reflexology - There's nothing better than a client calling to tell me they have conceived, or gone into natural labour after having reflexology!
As a midwife and advocate for women, I am passionate about antenatal education. I teach evidence based antenatal and hypnobirthing classes where expectant parents can learn all about pregnancy and birth in a positive, fun way. Once baby has arrived, you can join one of our small, friendly baby courses with a choice of baby massage, reflexology and yoga classes.
My name is Cheryl Johnson and I am a Clinical Reflexologist, Reiki Master Practitioner and an Exercise Specialist in Cardiac Rehabilitation within the NHS . This wealth of knowledge and experience allows me to advise my clients on various aspects of their health and well being, offering a truly holistic approach.
After studying for a year, I graduated from Jubilee College obtaining a Level 5 Diploma in Practitioner Reflexology which is the highest reflexology qualification currently available in the UK. I was taught by Jubilee College Principal David Wayte, the first Reflexologist to be made a member of the Royal Society of Medicine and a director of Professional Reflexology.
My specialist areas of reflexology are general relaxation, lymphatic drainage and mindful reflexology to support stress, anxiety and depression. I have also undertaken specialist NeuroEndoPsychoImmunoPody (NEPIP) to support stress. I have a wealth of experience working with Cancer & Palliative Care through the NHS and am experienced in adapting reflexology for treating these clients.
Professional Body Associations
- AOR (Association of Reflexologists)
- FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists)
- UK Reiki Federation member
- CNHC (Complementary and Natural healthcare Council)
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
CNHC and AoR registration is recognised for reimbursement with a number of private health care providers. This means clients who are members of private health care can often claim for the cost of the treatments when they visit CNHC registered complementary therapists.
Qualifications & Training - Heather
- Midwifery (BSc) Birmingham City University - First Class Honours Degree
- I.T.E.C Level 3 Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology - with Distinction
- I.T.E.C Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology - with Distinction
- Reflexology - Supporting Conception - Sally Earlam
- Reproductive Reflexology - Reproflexology with Barbara Scott
- Menopause & Women's Health Reflexology with Barbara Scott
- Maternity Reflexology - Sally Earlam
- Mindful Reflexology - supporting Stress, Anxiety & Depression - Sally Earlam
- Hot Stone Reflexology - Sally Earlam
- Infant Massage Instructor – To Baby and Beyond
- Baby Reflexology - Baby Reflex
- Baby Yoga Instructor – Hands on Babies & Birthlight
- Pre & Post natal Yoga Instructor - Birthlight
- Antenatal Birth Educator - The Real Birth Company
- The Real Birth Workshop teacher trainer - The Real Birth Company
- Hypnobirthing instructor - KG Hypnobirthing/ The Wise Hippo