Hello and welcome to Barefoot Holistic Therapies. My name is Heather and I am a community midwife, trained birth educator and complementary therapist.
I have been practising yoga from an early age. My mother became a yoga teacher when I was a young child and it has had a strong presence in my life ever since. I feel privileged to be able to share my love of yoga with others.
In a society where many people lead such busy lives, it is essential to have an escape from the pressures of daily living; a time to switch off, be mindful and to focus on the moment. I believe that yoga, massage and reflexology can begin to alleviate such pressures and allows us to re-energise.
I love teaching pregnancy yoga and seeing the benefits it creates, such as reducing lower back pain and pelvic girdle pain and helping mums to be prepare for labour.
As a practising midwife and mother of two, I know how daunting pregnancy can be and yoga can helps to reduce stress and anxiety. It doesn't need to stop at pregnancy yoga either... baby yoga and baby massage classes are not only wonderful classes to attend, but it also gives parents the tools to relax their babies and soothe minor ailments through nurturing, loving touch.
Similarly, reflexology is used to restore and balance the body through gentle touch. I am constantly fascinated by its powerful effects on people and what can be interpreted through the feet. Especially with specialist conception and maternity reflexology - There's nothing better than a client calling to tell me they have conceived, or gone into natural labour through reflexology!
As a midwife and advocate for women, I am passionate about antenatal education. Having trained with 'The Real Birth Company' I teach antenatal birth workshops where women and their birth partners can learn all about pregnancy and birth in a positive and fun way.
Qualifications & Training
- Midwifery (BSc) Birmingham City University - First Class Honours Degree
- I.T.E.C Level 3 Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology - with Distinction
- I.T.E.C Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology - with Distinction
- Reflexology - Supporting Conception - Sally Earlam
- Reproductive Reflexology - Barbara Scott
- Maternity Reflexology - Sally Earlam
- Mindful Reflexology - supporting Stress, Anxiety & Depression - Sally Earlam
- Hot Stone Reflexology - Sally Earlam
- Infant Massage Instructor – To Baby and Beyond
- Baby Reflexology - Baby Reflex
- Baby Yoga Instructor – Hands on Babies & Birthlight
- Pre & Post natal Yoga Instructor - Birthlight
- Antenatal Birth Educator - The Real Birth Company