"I took my 7 week old daughter to baby massage as she was suffering from trapped wind & reflux. Since the course I have noticed a massive difference and she is now more settled on an evening & doesn't suffer from either as much any more. Heather is a fantastic teacher, explaining & demonstrating all the techniques for us to use at home".
Becky (baby massage)
“Studies show that babies who are massaged cry less, sleep better, and have lower levels of stress hormones compared to infants who are not massaged" (Underdown, 2006).
Private classes available
One to one &
Small groups classes
Barefoot Baby Massage
Classes are currently available as private sessions and small group courses for up to 6 parents and babies. Our group course is a 6 weeks baby massage & reflexology course suitable from 4 weeks old.
The private classes can be booked as a one on one for just you and your baby, or for you and your family such as father and grandparents. We also offer private classes for small groups of friends. Classes are 1 hour long.
Private classes are available virtually or face to face at Barefoot Cabin, a purpose built tranquil log cabin. With a heated floor, comfy surroundings and dim lit lights, the perfect environment has been created for our classes. In this safe and soothing space you will learn a gentle massage routine, with the opportunity to ask individual questions about yours and your babies wellbeing.
Classes are taught by Heather, certified infant massage and baby reflex instructor and registered midwife.
Resources such as organic massage oil, demonstration booklets and videos are available to help you practice with your baby at home.
One to one class
Private group class
£75 - 4 babies max
£90 - 6 babies max
Small group course (6 babies max)
6 weeks course £90
Gift vouchers available to purchase here
Baby massage & reflex course dates:
Wednesdays 2- 3pm
14th September - 19th October
9th November - 14th December
4th January - 8th February
Please contact us to be added to the waiting list for cancellations.
Private classes available most weekdays.
See availability here
Baby massage is available for full term babies from 4 weeks – pre crawling.
If your baby was born pre-term, please contact us prior to booking.
To attend your baby must be well.
Please let us know if your baby is due immunisations within 24 hours before a class.
For more information please contact us.
Benefits of baby massage
For your baby:
- Develops a feeling of being secure, loved and respected
- Teaches positive, loving touch
- Soothes colic and alleviates trapped wind and constipation
- Soothes teething discomfort
- Alleviates a blocked nose
- Develops body-mind awareness and coordination
- Promotes relaxation
- Improves and increases quality and length of sleep
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Boosts the immune system to improve health
- Helps reduce fussiness or distress.
- Enhances bonding and connecting with your baby
- Provides practical tools to help you soothe common ailments
- Reduces incidence of post-natal depression
- Teaches loving, positive touch
- Provides an opportunity for one on one time with your baby
- Helps to develop an understanding of your baby’s cues and behaviour
- Enhances competence and confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Helps with breastfeeding by stimulating lactation hormones
- Promotes the nurturing instinct through stimulation of hormones.
Baby massage has been used by many cultures around the world for thousands of years – passing the tradition down from generation to generation. Sense of touch is a newborn’s first language and plays an essential role in the early development of the parent-child relationship.
Baby massage is a selection of gentle strokes and moves that you will complete with your baby; It is a fantastic opportunity for you to spend quality one to one time with your baby away from life’s daily stresses.
If you need to cancel or reschedule a class, please provide a minimum of 48 hours’ notice. A cancellation charge will be incurred if less than 48 hours’ notice is given. Please note, only 1 replacement class can be offered per 6 weeks course.
Full cancellation policy available here.
Gift vouchers & promotions:
Gift vouchers, discount vouchers, offers and promotions cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or voucher.
Terms and conditions:
Vouchers are valid for 1 year from date of purchase.
Vouchers are non-refundable.
Vouchers can only be used for the treatment specified on the voucher.
Vouchers will not be extended if they are not redeemed before they expire.