"I took my 7 week old daughter to baby massage as she was suffering from trapped wind & reflux. Since the course I have noticed a massive difference and she is now more settled on an evening & doesn't suffer from either as much any more. Heather is a fantastic teacher, explaining & demonstrating all the techniques for us to use at home".
Becky (baby massage)
“Studies show that babies who are massaged cry less, sleep better, and have lower levels of stress hormones compared to infants who are not massaged" (Underdown, 2006).
Private classes available
One to ones or small groups of up to 3 babies.
Barefoot Baby Massage
Classes are currently available as private sessions with a choice of booking individual classes, 5 weeks full baby massage course, or as part of our 8 weeks baby massage & reflexology course.
The private classes can be booked as a one on one for just you and your baby, or for you and your family such as father and grandparents or as a group of up to 3 friends with their babies.
Our one to one classes are located at Barefoot Cabin, a purpose built tranquil log cabin. With a heated floor, comfy surroundings and dim light lights, the perfect environment has been created for our classes. In this safe and soothing space you will learn a gentle massage routine, with the opportunity to ask individual questions about yours and your babies wellbeing.
Classes are taught by Heather, certified infant massage and baby reflex instructor and registered midwife.
Organic massage oil, demonstration booklets and videos are provided to help you practice with your baby at home.
Private classes can be booked here.
Please contact us for further availability if you cannot find suitable days/times on the booking system.
Due to COVID, large group classes are cancelled until social distancing has been lifted.
Barefoot holistic therapies offer baby massage courses at:
St James church centre
61 Mere Green Road
Baby massage - 5 weeks course £50
Baby massage & reflex - 8 weeks course £80
Classes are taught by Heather, certified infant massage and baby reflex instructor and registered midwife. Classes are small, friendly and informal, ensuring that parents and their babies feel relaxed and calm. The classes provide the perfect environment for socialising and meeting other parents and babies.
Learn a gentle massage and reflexology routine over an 8 week period within a safe and soothing environment, followed by a chance to ask questions and chat after the class.
Organic massage oil, baby reflex charts, demonstration booklets and videos are provided to help you practice with your baby at home.
Daddy & Me Workshop
Group baby massage class especially for dads.
Next workshop dates TBC once social distancing is lifted
Cost: £10 (gift vouchers available)
Benefits of baby massage
For your baby:
- Develops a feeling of being secure, loved and respected
- Teaches positive, loving touch
- Soothes colic and alleviates trapped wind and constipation
- Soothes teething discomfort
- Alleviates a blocked nose
- Develops body-mind awareness and coordination
- Promotes relaxation
- Improves and increases quality and length of sleep
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Boosts the immune system to improve health
- Helps reduce fussiness or distress.
- Enhances bonding and connecting with your baby
- Provides practical tools to help you soothe common ailments
- Reduces incidence of post-natal depression
- Teaches loving, positive touch
- Provides an opportunity for one on one time with your baby
- Helps to develop an understanding of your baby’s cues and behaviour
- Enhances competence and confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Helps with breastfeeding by stimulating lactation hormones
- Promotes the nurturing instinct through stimulation of hormones.
Baby massage has been used by many cultures around the world for thousands of years – passing the tradition down from generation to generation. Sense of touch is a newborn’s first language and plays an essential role in the early development of the parent-child relationship.
Baby massage is a selection of gentle strokes and moves that you will complete with your baby; It is a fantastic opportunity for you to spend quality one to one time with your baby away from life’s daily stresses.