"I took my 7 week old daughter to baby massage as she was suffering from trapped wind & reflux. Since the course I have noticed a massive difference and she is now more settled on an evening & doesn't suffer from either as much any more. Heather is a fantastic teacher, explaining & demonstrating all the techniques for us to use at home".
Becky (baby massage)
“Studies show that babies who are massaged cry less, sleep better, and have lower levels of stress hormones compared to infants who are not massaged" (Underdown, 2006).
Baby Massage & reflexology courses - Online
Tuesdays 12 - 1 pm
Suitable from 4 weeks old
3 weeks course: £22.50
12th - 26th May
5 weeks course £37.50
2nd - 30th June
Drop in classes available for £7.50
Barefoot Baby Massage & Reflexology
Barefoot holistic therapies offer baby reflex and baby massage classes online via zoom. Taught by Heather, registered midwife, infant massage and baby reflex instructor. Classes are small and friendly ensuring that everybody can interact with each other and receive individual guidance from Heather. The nurturing, loving touch of massage provides the ideal opportunity to bond with your baby.
Spread out over the course of 3 classes, you will learn the following baby reflex routines and receive resources to help you practice with your baby at home.
- Feeding and digestion
- Sleeping and comforting
- Enhancing wellbeing
Following on from baby reflex, baby massage is spread out over 5 classes. Learn a gentle, full body massage routine to aid wind, constipation, reflux, colic and teething. Demonstration booklets and videos are provided to help you practice with your baby at home.
Zoom is an interactive platform which you can join here for free. Before and after each class you will have the chance to chat and connect with other parents. We know that sometimes the class time may not work for you, especially if you have other children at home. Therefore, you will have access to the class video link for 7 days. Access for this link will be unlimited so you can practice with your baby as often as you like.
Heather will guide you through the techniques, answer questions and ensure the classes are fun and interactive.
Baby massage is suitable for full term babies from birth.
Please note it is not recommended to use oils and products on your baby's skin under 4 weeks old.
If your baby was born pre-term, please contact us prior to booking.
Classes are not suitable if your baby is unwell or if they have had immunisations within 24 hours before the class.
For more information please contact us.
Benefits of baby massage & reflexology
For your baby:
- Develops a feeling of being secure, loved and respected
- Teaches positive, loving touch
- Soothes colic and alleviates trapped wind and constipation
- Soothes teething discomfort
- Alleviates a blocked nose
- Develops body-mind awareness and coordination
- Promotes relaxation
- Improves and increases quality and length of sleep
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Boosts the immune system to improve health
- Helps reduce fussiness or distress.
- Enhances bonding and connecting with your baby
- Provides practical tools to help you soothe common ailments
- Reduces incidence of post-natal depression
- Teaches loving, positive touch
- Provides an opportunity for one on one time with your baby
- Helps to develop an understanding of your baby’s cues and behaviour
- Enhances competence and confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Helps with breastfeeding by stimulating lactation hormones
- Promotes the nurturing instinct through stimulation of hormones.