The Real Birth Workshop is a digital e-learning antenatal programme that will take you on a step by step journey of how our bodies birth our babies. There are amazing physical, hormonal, and emotional processes our bodies work through during labour and birth.
Our aim is to help you to understand more about the physiology behind birth and labour. Learning how competent and incredible your body is can help you feel confident and relaxed through the stages of birth. Understanding the physiology of your baby’s journey through the pelvis and birth canal will help you adopt optimal positions for an easier birth. Being comfortable and confident to move around in labour can reduce the length of labour and the need for pain relief.
The information we use for our antenatal birth classes is taken from evidence-based practice and has been written to promote a positive and holistic approach to your birth. The workshop is accredited by RCM (Royal College of Midwives).
This online course takes around 4 hours long, and once completed you will have access to it throughout your pregnancy to recap when ever you need. The online programme costs £30. Please contact us to purchase it.
Studies have shown that expectant mothers that have completed this course have a 60% natural birth rate, compared to the national average of 30%.
Physiology of birth
- Positive attitudes in pregnancy
- Physiology of birth
- Stages of labour
- Baby’s adjustment to its new world
- Skin to skin with your baby
Active Birth class
- Understanding your pelvis
- Positions for labour & birthing
- Breathing techniques
- Birth partner support in labour
- Partner massage & reflexology techniques
- Rebozo scarf for birth partner support & pain relief
- Hormones in pregnancy and birth
- Ways to reduce stress in labour
- How to be a birth partner and advocate in labour
- Options & choices for birth
- Induction of labour
- Birth plan